Looking back at our 2017
2017 marked an incredibly active year for Fleet Forum and its members. With our 15th Fleet Forum Annual Conference taking place in Brindisi, we are humbled that Fleet Forum has grown into a community of like-minded and dedicated professionals, interested in collaborating to professionalise fleet management in the aid and development sector. We thank our members for their continuous support for Fleet Forum. Your active participation, willingness to share knowledge and learn from others has been critical to the success of our community
We continue to provide value to organisations by facilitating fleet management trainings, road safety workshops, AV worskhops as well as the Driver Recognition Programme. For the first time ever, we launched the Advanced Fleet Excellence Training, taking us one step closer to attaining full professional certification for the Fleet Excellence curriculum. In 2017 we actively worked with over 2185 people in our events, projects and trainings. Next to that, we worked together with our member organisations to provide advice and guidance, sometimes in the form of long-term consultancy projects.
To further cultivate the momentum that fleet management is gaining in the sector, the Fleet Forum core team is also expanding, with the joining of Rob McConnell, a familiar face to most, and Renate Boere, our Communications Specialist. In addition, we are pleased to announce Kevin Furniss, Vice President, Head of HSSE & Sustainability at APM Terminals, has recently joined the Fleet Forum Board. Together the Board has developed a strategy for 2018-2023 which focuses on further growth of our community, development and delivery of solutions and tools that positively impact success of our member organisations, engagement of senior management and benchmarking to increase learning from each other.
Also, we would like to give you a sneak peek of the developments you can expect in 2018:
- Our 2018 Annual Conference, hosted by Maersk, will be held in Copenhagen, Denmark on 6 and 7 June. With your support, we will be making some adjustments to the format to keep our conference fresh and relevant.
- Together with some of our members, we have been busy developing a knowledge sharing platform which will be launched in the first half of 2018.
- Fleet Excellence Trainings will be organised in Bangladesh, CAR, Kenya, Nigeria, Lebanon and Brussels.
- The Driver Recognition Programme will be held again in East Africa and rolled out for the first time in South East Asia.
- Launch of fleet management webinars
- Development of a road safety app
It was a pleasure to work with you in 2017. Our team looks forward to make 2018 another remarkable year together.