The Driver Recognition Programme recognises the driver who is an inspiring example for others in terms of road safety and health, cost efficiency and friendliness as well as the corresponding organisation who understands the critical role they play in delivery of aid and development and take the time to show appreciation for their drivers.
After the highly successful 1st Driver Recognition Programme, Fleet Forum is pleased to announce that the 2nd Driver Recognition Programme will take place in East Africa.
The competition will consist of the following:
- Participating organisations nominate own light vehicles (sedans / 4×4) drivers based on joint eligibility criteria
- Country qualifying rounds take place, in which practical driving skills and / or driver knowledge are tested
- Final event in which the best drivers from different countries compete to be the best driver and win the annual Driver Award. The finals simulate a ‘typical day in the life of a driver’
At the heart of this programme is our desire to acknowledge the critical role that drivers play in the delivery of aid and development. We aim to bring together three elements: 1) engaging in a fun manner, 2) reinforcing healthy and safety practices and 3) improving data collection on driver performance. You can read more about the programme below:
Costs to Participate
There are no fees to participate. Fleet Forum anticipates you will spend money or other resources on the following:
- Effort to invite drivers to participate and to pick the best driver in the respective country program from January to April
- Money on travel and accommodation costs for 2 days in Kenya for 2 persons (the best driver and 1 senior manager) in May 2017
Call to Register
Fleet Forum calls all interested humanitarian organisations in East Africa to sign up before January 20, 2017. You can sign up by sending an email to Nikita Udhwani, Fleet Forum Programme Manager, at Nikita.Udhwani@fleetforum.org
The final event will offer a number of important sponsorship opportunities; please email Nikita.Udhwani@fleetforum.org for more information.