top of page
Award 2022..jpg

2023 Fleet Manager of the Year Award

Last year Mrs Miranda Shami of WHO Jordan took on the challenge to implement electric vehicles in the WHO operation and by doing so reduce emissions of the organisation, which resulted in being awarded with the 2022 Fleet Forum Fleet Manager of the Year Award.


Who will step in her footsteps? 

Sponsored by: 

UPS box.jpg

Fleet Managers throughout the world are providing extra value to their organisations by creating initiatives to make fleets safer, environmentally friendly and operate them in the most effective and cost-efficient way. By leading their teams through challenging times and by operating in a forward matter, with an eye to the future. 

To commemorate these Fleet Managers who have done outstanding jobs Fleet Forum is launching, sponsored by UPS, the 


This year we are inviting fleet managers who contributed to make their fleet environmentally sustainable to apply for the Award. 


And you can apply now!


  • Your application should demonstrate that you took the opportunity to change the way your organisation operated the vehicle fleet and that led to a reduction of fleet emissions

  • Your application should demonstrate that you showed leadership, in the broadest sense

  • Your application should demonstrate that you innovated your fleet operations. 

  • You are able to substantiate your application with data which clearly shows the results of your efforts before, during and after. 


Who can participate?

  • You can nominate someone, for example a fleet manager working in one of your field offices

  • You can nominate yourself

How to participate:


Here you can fill in the application form and upload the data to support your application   > > > 

The application closes on 31 October 2023 at 5 pm (CEST)

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-06-13 om 19.25.24.png
Scherm­afbeelding 2023-06-13 om 19.25.17.png

The voting:
A jury, consisting of one of Fleet Forum’s Board Members, a representative of an academic institution and a former winner of the Fleet Manager of the Year Award will go through the submitted applications and create a shortlist using a point system based on the application criteria. 

The shortlisted candidates are invited to record a 2-minute video in which their stakeholders (programme staff, senior management, drivers, passengers) make the case why they should be the Fleet Manager of the Year. 


The points of the jury will determine the winner for 80%, the remaining 20% will be done through voting in the Award ceremony. 


The prize:

The winner with the most points will be titled ‘2023 Fleet Manager of the Year’ and will receive a prize of USD 300 to be spent to further their education or the education of their team or children. ​

Click to view Miranda's video > > 

3. Miranda Shami FMOTY Certificate.jpg

We asked the 2021 winner Walter Bonilla Fallas from the Red Cross in Costa Rica what winning the Award in 2021 meant for him.

bottom of page